Returning to Indoor Services
Our “new territory” has shifted again, this time with steps toward normalcy with indoor, in-person worship every Sunday and Wednesday.
Below you will find details and instructions on how to reserve your pew and remain safe under the Diocese of Atlanta’s COVID protocols.
- Sunday Services will be held at 8 AM and 10:30 AM to allow ample time for cleaning in between worship.
- Note: There will be no communion on Sundays.
- Plan to bring a mask and either a prayerbook or your own printed copy of the bulletin. The bulletin will be sent by email at 7:00 AM every Sunday morning.
- There is a maximum of 14 pews for each service.
- Reservations are limited to your own household or pod. Each pod may reserve 1 pew, which can seat up to four adults.
- If your family has more than four members, go ahead and make your reservation for four people. Then call the church office (706-884-8911) directly for further assistance, and we can get you squared away.
- Don’t panic if all pews are reserved! Please call or email the office to explore your options.
- You can sign up via our new reservation software with “bookapew,” which you can access by clicking here.
Wednesday Night Eucharist
- Our outdoor services by the pavilion are officially moving inside.
- These services WILL feature communion.
- Plan to bring a mask and a prayerbook.
- There is a maximum of 10 pews for each service, as more space and ease of movement is required for communion.
- The rest of the instructions are the same as for Sundays: one pew per “pod,” four adults per pew, call the office for assistance with larger pods, and reserve your spot at bookapew.
- Our weekly E-Lion newsletter remains a great way to stay informed. Click here if you aren’t subscribed.
- Bible Study will continue to meet via Zoom at 9:30 AM on Tuesday mornings. Click here to request a link.
Not Your Typical Sunday School, our weekly deep dives into weekly scripture selections, will continue to be hosted online. Short videos will feature the Rector and Guests, and you can join a Zoom group to discuss further with fellow parishioners. See videos here. Ask to join a group by emailing email@example.com
- Book of Common Prayer: Church Publishing has made a digital, clickable copy available here.
- All sermons are still available on the rector’s blog.
- For Children’s Formation try using these creative resources from StoryMakers.
- Trouble with bedtime routines? Try using this online story, integrating our beautiful service of Compline, for a reminder that God is near to us.